We are #1. Walk-in Dermatology is consistently ranked as the #1 Dermatologist on Long Island. We’re #1 for one reason: Patients love us! If you would like to work with an energetic group of people who are transforming dermatology care, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced Surgical Medical Assistant at our Mohs facility in Garden City. We offer an upbeat environment where we all work together to provide exceptional patient care.
In addition to getting a generous compensation package, you’ll get a full suite of benefits including healthcare insurance, paid vacation, and 401K.
- Serve as a patient advocate during exam and treatment
- Direct patients to/from exam rooms to maintain timely flow of patients
- Interview patients and record patient data into the electronic medical record system
- Conduct patient assessments and obtain medical information for referral to the provider
- Assist providers in obtaining consents prior to treatment or procedures
- Assist providers with documenting patient exams and procedures
- Assist providers with surgical dermatology procedures
- Assist in follow-up care for patients including obtaining patient records and making phone calls
Required Education & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in dermatologic surgery or plastic surgery
- Certified as a Medical Assistant by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Experience with EMR
This is a full-time position in our Garden City office. In addition to getting a generous compensation package, you’ll have access to a full suite of benefits including healthcare insurance, paid vacation, and 401K.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
If you would like to follow up on your resume submission, you can call (516) 200-3545.